Friday, February 22, 2008

HIKE FOR DISCOVERY



A follow-up to my previous post (HIKE! 2/1/08), here's a pic of the brochures and letters sent out as part of LLS's promotional marketing campaign. It's not the best shot, I just snapped a pic from my bulletin board. She's a cutie, huh? I think she was five when they took these pictures as a part of another promo piece. She just turned 7 last month, wow. (Yeah, I'm still bald-ish, haha, and sport different specs [glasses] now.)

(Another) funny story: I stopped in on a Hike Informational Meeting in Pleasant Hill that my sister was attending. I'm signing in at the registration table and the Hike Manager comes up to me and says, uh, hello? Why are you signing in, we know who you are, your face is only all over the place! (I've never met her.) So I got a chance to say hello and thank you to all the Hike participants.

And Trish signed up to hike Yosemite in July(?). Go Trish! Oh my gosh, their training is pretty intense. One of their training days they drive up Mt. Diablo, hike down, THEN hike back UP! Coach says that it's very difficult to 'emulate Yosemite'. Ya think? If you've ever been to Mt. Diablo, that's quite the climb. I've driven and biked to the top several times and it's always a lung-buster, though the breathtaking view from the top is worth it. On a clear day you can see the Golden Gate.

Trish is really excited to get all her gear and to start training. I'll post her website once it's up and running. Yosemite in July will be beautiful. So go do a hike (www.hikefordiscovery.org) or an endurance event (www.teamintraining.org).

Have fun, save lives (like mine). Thanks!

-R

No comments: